Do you want to learn how to Mountain Bike?
Look no further! Elevation Outdoors has teamed up with Big White to offer two camps designed to get you rolling!
Adult 4 Day Camp – Dates: June 18, 20, 25 and 29th
Youth 4 Day Camp – Dates: July 9, 11, 16 and 18th
If you have never ridden, or are a beginner/novice rider and would like to improve your skills this camp is for you! Over two weeks you will receive instruction from our PMBI certified instructors to get you rolling for the first time, or clean up your riding and get you feeling more confident on your bike.
Over three evenings in town riding the beautiful Knox Mountain trails you will develop your skills to handle the various terrain, from flowy single track to riding bumps and berms, all building towards a full day of riding at beautiful Big White and experiencing the fun of gravity assisted downhill riding!
Our instructors will get you started by focusing on the foundations of mountain biking, including body position and balance, braking, and cornering, and then build from there. Groups may be split based on skill sets of the participants and registration numbers to facilitate a great learning environment.
Our goal is to not only have you develop your skills on a mountain bike, but to help you develop confidence in your own abilities so that you can challenge yourself and push outside your comfort zone to see what you are truly capable of.
What is included?
- 4 days of lessons – 3 evenings in Kelowna at Knox Mountain and 1 full day at Big White
- Instruction from our PMBI certified instructors
- Bike use for youth program from Elevation Outdoors fleet (adult use depending on size available) and helmet
- Rentals and lift tickets for Big White day and a 2 hour lesson from Big White instructors
- Last Day wrap up party at Big White after riding
- Transportation to and from Big White for resort days from Orchard Park Mall
- A whole lot of fun!
With 10 years of experience delivering mountain bike programs here in Kelowna, Elevation Outdoors is one of the longest running learn to mountain bike programs in the Valley.
Youth 4 Day Camp – Dates: July 9, 11, and 16th from 6:30p.m. – 8:00p.m. @ Knox Mountain and July 18th @ Big White from 9:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
Cost: $325/person (minimum 4 participants required to run the camp)
- For riders 12 – 18 looking to learn to mountain bike in a supportive environment.
- Use of one of our Giant ATX 2 hardtail bikes is provided if needed.
- If providing your own bike for the in town dates it must have front suspension, disk brakes, and be in good working order.
Proceeds from these camps help Elevation Outdoors cover the costs of scholarship seats in our Live to Ride program for youth that may not otherwise have an opportunity to mountain bike.
To download the registration forms click Here
For more information call our team at 250-870-9094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org